Are you a VA researcher and have a question or need some help from HERC? HERC provides consultation services regarding:
- Design of experimental and observational sources
- Methods for economic evaluations, including cost-effectiveness analysis and budget impact analysis
- Sources of data on the cost of VA sponsored care
- Method to micro-cost (direct measure) the resources used to provide innovative health care services
- Econometric analysis of health care costs and observational data
- Measure of preference based health utilities, the measure needed to express outcomes in terms of Quality Adjusted Life Years (QALYs)
- Other questions for which an economist's input might be helpful
The service is staffed by a PhD economist. It is our goal to respond to requests within 2 business days. Because of time constraints, the HERC consulting service is not able to analyze economic data.
Please email us your request at email@example.com and include the following information:
- Phone number
- Email address
- Detailed request, including a relatively complete description of the context of the question
You may also call us at (650) 617-2630. Be sure to ask for the on-call help desk staffer.
Visit the Data FAQs page for answers to some of HERC's most common consulting service questions.
Those seeking a health economist to be involved in their study will want to look at the HERC listing of VA economists. Most health economists at VA do not work at HERC.